- Lockdown Sceptics - Newsletter
- The government's eco-edict that all new cars be electric in 15 years is doomed to backfire - because old bangers can be greener, says JOHN NAISH
- We’ve left the EU as a matter of law: now we need to leave it in practice
- New Report - Peterloo200: The path to Proportional Representation
- English Democrats: The Busiest Party in England -Fighting to secure YOUR democratic rights!
I am standing in the Council by-election for the English Democrats who nationally want a fair deal for England.
Instead of English taxpayers’ paying over £50 Billion per year to Scotland, Wales, and N. Ireland, over £13 Billion to the European Union, and over £12 Billion in foreign aid to the rest of the world, we want English taxpayers’ money spent in England. We also want an English Parliament (like the Scottish Parliament) so that English affairs are decided by the people of England.
Locally, I have lived in our ward for 23 years, in Bury South for over 31 years, and am rooted in our local community. I have been a parent Governor of Castlebrook High School, and I have spent over 20 years on the local Homewatch group.
From that you can see I am very concerned about our children’s education, and the unacceptable amount of crime in our area. As a local Councillor I would do everything I can to make our schools the best they can be, and reducing local crime an absolute priority.
My other huge concern is to stop Bury Council wasting your money. They make people pay more and more Council Tax each year. I will challenge wasteful public spending wherever people see it and unlike any other Councillor I would campaign for a lower Council Tax.
So please use your vote to support me and so bring onto Bury Council a much needed voice for sensible policies most local people agree with.