Whether standing in local, general, or mayoral elections my beliefs and aims for our area remain the same, they don’t alter with each election just to gain votes, what you see is what you get.
The English Democrats also don’t use a party whip system, as such I am free to campaign and vote on issues that I believe in, unlike some other candidates from other parties that if elected have to toe the party line.
Before becoming the General Secretary for the Workers of England Union in 2017 I spent 15 years working in various departments on Metrolink Tram network, where for 7 years I was also the Unite Branch Secretary. Prior to Metrolink I spent 15 years managing various retail stores.
Married to Valerie we have 3 children, I have lived in Besses Ward for over 28 years (Val for over 46 years) and my youngest child still attends the local high school.
Below are a few bullet points which I am committed to achieving.
Aims for our Police service
- Under Labours failed leadership Greater Manchester Police was placed under special measures, only the 2nd Police force ever to be put under special measures. Labour Councillors fail to hold the Labour Mayor to account over our failed Police service.
- To make sure Greater Manchester Police enforce the laws of England without fear or favour.
- To make sure our Police service prosecute those responsible for sexual crimes against children, and those in authority who failed those children.
- Zero tolerance policy towards political correctness in Policing.
Aims for our Economy
- That businesses tendering for local Government contracts have Family-Friendly Policies.
- Local hiring – Businesses tendering for local Government contracts will be encouraged to hire people who live close to the place of work.
- No local Government contracts will be issued to a company that is ultimately controlled by a regime that has ongoing human rights violations.
Aims for Health and Social Care
- Mental Health is now a major concern, my focus will be on pushing for wider community support for people living with mental illness.
- Care units will be set up to take all the homeless off the streets of Greater Manchester.
- A program for the early diagnosis of cancer will be rolled out across residents of Greater Manchester.
Aims for Transport
- To stop any Greater Manchester Road Tax (Congestion charge), Emissions Zone tax, or whatever other label Labour attach to it as is being planned by Labour.
- To campaign for peak fares to be abolished on Greater Manchester public transport.
- Greater use will be made of city cycleways and pedestrian friendly areas.
Aims for Planning and Environment
- To stop building on Green Belt land.
- That planning applications on brownfield sites located with greenbelt areas be tightly monitored, so not to adversely affect the surrounding greenbelt area.
- Residential Housing:
- That all new housing applications will be required to have solar energy installed.
- That all new residential flats will have to have car park facilities built underneath the building; areas above ground should be given to residential homes and not made into car parks.
- Industrial units:
- That all new industrial units will have to have solar panels installed
- That all new industrial units will have to have car parking facilities built under their units, areas above ground should be given to industrial units and not made into car parks